Frankenflips & Textures
Just wanted to show how the dress was created. Just a few simple trims.
Unfortunately my first attempt was somewhat of a fail but with the knowledge I acquired I was able to create a better result this time! I was pretty happy with how this came out!
I used a very thick consistency purple and made THICK lines down the dress.
I used Wilton tip #47 for the top part.
I crumpled up parchment paper over and over and then smoothed it out enough to drape over freshly flooded cookies. Then, wait literally FOREVER for them to dry... (LOL)
Backgrounds still drying.........
You can already kinda see that the effect is working.
It just looks weird because the icing is wet.
STILL waiting on those backgrounds to dry.... LOL.
I do spend a lot of time with decorating and details but drying also takes a while and it varies depending on the consistency of my icing and the climate/humidity.
For example, if it's raining my icing will take longer to dry.
It looks like this is where I packed it up on day 1. Not bad.
The Next Morning
So FINALLY my backgrounds are dry and look how awesome they are!
The dress looks pretty good too. Very impressed that I finally got that technique to work.
I tried to accomplish some similar texture twice and failed so I'm very happy to see that I'm on the right track!
Roses and earrings!
Late Night Painting & Glittering
I absolutely love this little flip flop cutter...
I used silver sprinkles on these.
I knew kinda what the sweater looked like but I couldn't find a reference photo of anything even close to it. So I had to create the design.
I remembered it was knitted and has roses or flowers on it. It's really pretty. I don't think I nailed it but it was good experience and you can tell it's supposed to be a sweater.
I got lucky and got some sunshine to take pictures-- look how pretty!
I tried to photograph the texture but it was trickier than I expected so hopefully you can see it.
Bagged & Beautiful!
Not only does it keep them super fresh but I love how they look.