Well the more that I use pink the more I realize it's really difficult to photograph. That is something I'm going to have to work on. I can usually get the cookies pretty close but the icing never looks right in tubes. Oh well something to improve on!
So here we are my 3rd set and my lettering is looking better. My icing consistencies are looking good. I was actually pretty pleased overall with this set. They were so cute!!
I also think this was the first time I created what is known as a "frankencookie" or a cookie created using multiple cutters or techniques. I didn't have a key cookie cutter but I really really wanted to make some cute little keys so I used the number "1" cookie cutter I had and a little flower cutter. I cut the flower part in half and I got 2 cookies out of each flower.
I was soooo happy with how they came out!!!
Now I know we are a little ahead here so how about some process photos?
As you can see these were pretty simple cookies. The difficulty was in finding the shapes but I used the house from my Halloween set and I used my newest plaque cutters for the doors because believe it or not it's actually kind of challenging to find square or rectangle cutters.
Those mini doors are soooo cute though. I did have a lot of fun making this set.
It's all really adorable.
Now on with the process:
Okay second thing to address why in the world did I make so many little door ornaments? Beginner mode.
I just decided to make a bunch and then pick the ones that looked the best. It was also for experiementing. How many of each little decoration, which colors, size of the decoration in total etc etc just scienceing.
The little rosettes aren't really pictured in the process because they came together really quickly. I used a tip to make the little rose and some sprinkles and they are just... adorable...
So my white was perfect. My grey was decent but I'm still working on getting outline consistency right. It probably could have been thinner but I really didn't want to risk the icing being too thin and the lines not holding their shape so I I used a lot of caution and went pretty stiff on the outlines. In retrospect I wish I would have created more of an outward indentation instead of just lines if that makes sense. If you look at a real door the outline doesn't sit outward like my cookies it's more the opposite.
However, I'm not mad about it. They were my first doors and it's pretty obvious what they are. I'm kinda nickel and diming my art here but there's always room to do something different next time!
Right now I am just using treat bags and twist ties but I would like to move onto heat sealing especially because I like to bless all my family and friends with cookies whether they are near or far and heat sealing would extend their shelf life quite a bit.
These were not mailed though these were hand delivered to a housewarming party we attended and yes they were a huge hit! I was pleasantly surprised.
I wish I would have taken a picture of them on the little platter I bought. It wasn't a big deal I picked up a large oval platter from the dollar tree to display them on and they looked awesome! Plus our new homeowner friends were very delighted to see them and I didn't have to worry about $1 platter... I was more than happy to let them keep the entire display and it looked so cute at their little housewarming party!
Thank you so much for hanging in or at least stopping by!
I know I posted a lot of photos but that is to be expected. I don't think I can help it.
Hopefully the photos and tips and tricks will get better with time.
Leave some feedback.